Tuesday 13 December 2016

Welcome/おいでやす!

Hello!
Welcome to my blog, "Maiko-san Beronika". I am a 15-year old girl living in Poland with a deep love and respect for the geiko and maiko (geisha) of Japan. Learning about those women, I have discovered a love for the arts that they perform; traditional dance, music and tea ceremony. Living in Poland makes it more difficult for one to bring themselves closer to the traditional Japanese arts, with the main resources being books and the internet. Nevertheless, I am determined to document my journey through this blog as I bring myself closer to the arts of the women that I so much admire.
As I write this blog, my goals are;

  • Put together a maiko henshin (costume), as accurate as possible, with the budget of a 15-year old!
  • Learn Nihon Buyo, using the internet and videos as resources
  • Learn at least basic (Obon) tea ceremony; sadly I do not have access to a Chashitsu but I do wish to learn what I can
  • Purchase a shamisen and use books and the internet to learn
Reading this blog, you can follow me on my journey. If you are interested in geiko and maiko, or perhaps your goals are similar to mine detailed above, I encourage you to read my blog with hopes it will be of help to you.

Thank you!
おおきに、よろしょうおたのもします。

No comments:

Post a Comment